James Gadsby is a musician who writes about about music technology, philosophy, politics and the free access of information. He also collects material which he finds remarkable (or hilarious).
Here’s some stuff I’ve been up to:
- (2007-present) Producing music under several names, including simply ‘mazza558‘, ‘Remumbra‘, most recently ‘James Gadsby‘, and a collaboration with a university friend (James Bollington) called ‘Corner Control‘.
- (2007-present) Producing tutorial videos for music software, such as LMMS and Ableton Live, and also live performances and demos.
- (2009 to 2012) Gaining a degree.
- (2011-present) Designing and developing a real-life game called ‘Shuffle My Life’
- (2009) Helping the OpenPandora project with a blog, before I lost interest (it was taking a long time to be completed!)
- (2007-2009) Designing themes for Ubuntu
- (2009-2011) The Free Culture Society, which aimed to be a free source of creativity and promote the use of Creative Commons music, film, writing and photography.